Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite Song.....

Okay... so you know how you hear a song on the radio, absolutely love it, then 3 months later you can't stand the sound of it? Well, that's usually how it works with me. After about a month of listening to my "favorite song", it turns into one of my least favorites. Don't really know why, but its true.

Well, for Christmas I was given a Needtobreathe CD by one of my best friends (who knows that Needtobreathe is my absolute favorite band! thanks again for the CD!) and I began listening to it (of course). I knew a few of the songs on the CD but the song that truely stood out to me was/is my favorite song in the world, Something Beautiful. Since it's release on the radio (in like June), I have not stopped listening to the song. After listening to my CD and belting out the song at the top of my lungs (true story), I sat back and thought about why I still loved the song. Something was different. Why was I so in love with it STILL? So, I got out the lyrics sheet from the front of the CD case and, even though I knew the words to the song, I just looked over the words and truely pondered the meaning. Just looking at the words made me want to sit down and spend time with my Savior, worshipping Him for His awesomeness. Man, the lyrics to the song are so powerful and truely reflect a burning desire for a relationship with Christ. I don't know if you have ever heard the song. If not, please youtube it. But I want to just write down the Chorus, for you (and me) to reflect on.


Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire
'Cause I just want
Something beautiful to touch me
I know that I'm in reach
I am down on my knees
And waiting for
Something beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment